"I am not a homemaker because I had too little ambition or education to make anything else of myself. No—I am a homemaker because God has given me the infinite honour of being a wife, and I delight in employing every ability that He has equipped me with in this glad career. I LOVE BEING HOME."

~ Lanier Ivester

Friday, October 30, 2009

Pancakes anyone?

Our Kids love pancakes, as do. I am not picky and like pretty much any variety of them, and I have become accustomed to making them in different was for different days. Small, light and fluffy when DH is on the his way out, thick and filling dish size, thin dollar size, with berries or chocolate chips. Maybe we will have them  today some bananas and tomorrow with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Our table is always set up with many spreads, jams, butters, fresh fruit etc. My husband ( being from Quebec) he loves 100% maple syrup and has an abundance of childhood stories and memories of school trips to make syrup and making it at home :) He also prefers French crepes over pancakes. I make one or the other every weekend.





Here are some of our families favorite recipes. To make them I simple mix wet and dry ingredients separate then together and then I make them in a non stick pan. I usually double or triplet these recipes based on who is eating and how hungry I think they might be.  Also many times I quadruple the recipe, cook them, and freeze them in ziploc bags of three or four ( one serving).    Vanilla, cinnamon, diced fruit, berries, nutmeg, chocolate chips, or what every your family likes can be added right before you cook them, just stir it in.  As for the crepes these are the ones I make. To make a thinner batter add more milk, for a thicker one add more baking powder, and for a more filling one add an extra egg and a bit more flour.


pretty thick pancakes
1.5 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tbsp melted butter


simply yummy pancakes
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 egg
2 tbsp veg. oil
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp baking powder


Light & Spongy Pancakes
1 cup flour
1/4 tbsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda












Enjoy your pancakes and your weekend!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin