"I am not a homemaker because I had too little ambition or education to make anything else of myself. No—I am a homemaker because God has given me the infinite honour of being a wife, and I delight in employing every ability that He has equipped me with in this glad career. I LOVE BEING HOME."

~ Lanier Ivester

Friday, June 20, 2008

It was one of those nights...

Deo came home more than 2 hours late.
As a result I ate (the Thai takeout he brought) at 11ish.
Which was probably not great for my weekly Friday morning weigh in.
We then attempted for the 5th time to watch "The Constant Gardener" without falling asleep.
We made it!
We went to bed.
Hannah then woke up.
She then said "MAMMMMMMMMMMMMA" and "MUMMMMMMMMMY" at least 500,000 times repeatedly until 5 am when she finally about (4 hours later)got to the point and said that she wanted some juice.
One glass of apple juice later and she is ready to sleep.
But she cannot sleep and neither can I because both boys a now awake
We send Isaiah back to bed and I promptly feed Imanuel who is clawing my nightgown to get some milk.
Finally all the kids were sleeping (at about 6), when I was supposed to be up and taking the shower.
Forget that schedule
I went to go sleep on the couch.
It is nights like these that make me wonder why we bought a queen instead of a king.
The couch is not comfy at all and I literally had to talk myself into going back to sleep.
Right when I reach REM 1 I was startled by Deo over me with that baby.
He was still hungry.

It is 2:40 now and I still have not slept.

I am going to take a nap.

zzzz....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin