"I am not a homemaker because I had too little ambition or education to make anything else of myself. No—I am a homemaker because God has given me the infinite honour of being a wife, and I delight in employing every ability that He has equipped me with in this glad career. I LOVE BEING HOME."

~ Lanier Ivester

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Don't worry

I has been back to school as usual around here. I was meaning to post all last week but never got around to it. I am glad to be back  to our "regular" schedule, I think summer was a bit too chaotic.

Hannah is really enjoying school and is working on her writing and letter recognition. She wants to learn to  write stories like her brother. She is so eager to learn and I am blessed to have her as a daughter and student. She is turning 3 in a few weeks and every time I think about it I start to worry. There is sooo much to accomplish and yet every year of life feels as if it goes a little bit faster with a little less done. Was it not just spring? What have I done since then?

This morning Hannah asked to read with me, we read Matthew 6 (her choice). When my eyes fell upon Matthew 6:25-28 it spoke to me so well; as our Heavenly Father always does.


25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 



I really tend to be a worry wart. Most times I just shrug it off as my motherly nature. All moms worry right? But this morning it hit me like a brick, I need to, want to, have to stop. So I am working on it. I am   praying about it.  If you are a self confessed worry wart then join me. 


Stop worrying about your life.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin